Sunday, May 18, 2008

Update

Thanks to all of you who have called with concern for my unlucky state.

The good news: no pain, no surgery, I can still drive, and I get to sit on the couch and watch Brett do all the work. The bad news: it's extremely frustrating to not be able to do much of anything. I did get to watch the BBC edition of "Pride and Prejudice," all 6 hours of it. So good....I have wanted to watch if for a while. (It beats the Kiera Knightly version all to heck, although I liked that one too.) Thanks for letting me borrow it Jen.

I have an appt on Thursday--I'm not sure what for. Hopefully to find out that I am recovering faster than they ever thought possible and that I can get rid of these darn crutches immediately.

My mom is driving down this afternoon to save poor Brett. (Like I said, I just lie around all day--he's the one who has had to bear the brunt of it.) Many kind friends have offered to help during the day, but there's nothing like Grandma to come in and handle it all--Thanks Mom!!

Also, I have to say thanks to Sabrina and Joslyn--they have been so great. Brett is at meetings right now and they cleaned up breakfast and are taking care of B and E right now. They will also help me get them both ready for church. I'm so blessed to have them.

2 comments:

EmHy said...

Thank Goodness for Grandma's. I appreciated your comments on mother's day, but really I'm not so sure my anger is always "righteous":).

Unknown said...

I can help by providing a night of Pinochle. I can't promise you'll win, but that is more a function of your own timid bidding than anything :)